Saturday 1 October 2011

TTS finished!

Finished last night, Tis The Season! While in bed last night, I realised I forgot to take some pics and blog!

Anyway, I am pretty happy with it, actually LOVE it!

Here is a close up of my hand quilting. I really enjoy this part! Dennis says I am mad.... I have a long arm, and I choose to hand quilt lol!




I quilted in the centre of each border surrounding the stitchery, and 1/4" from each edge of the border:



I really like the feel of a hand quited quilt, it felt quite snugly while binding it the other night!


Thanks to all the SAL girls for their inspiration..... If you have not gone and seen some of these quilts, I suggest you do. There is some amazing quilts made!


x Sarah

14 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great Sarah........thanks for being part of the SAL........enjoy hanging your quilt for Christmas

De said...

Its beautiful Sarah.

Vicki said...

Merry Christmas Sarah!! It looks fabulous xxxx

Stephanie Hughes said...

Sarah, just love love love this! Your quilting is just wonderful. I prefer hand quilting too on those special projects. Great job, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

yipee Sarah ,what a great finish,well done

Unknown said...

Well Done on your Finish..Pretty Quilt.
cheers

Annie said...

Looks great Sarah....and I love hand quilting with a perle cotton...on any quilt :)

Roseanne said...

Wow it is lovely.

Tess said...

I must say, your quilt is gorgeous. Love your choice of fabric.

Sue said...

Your quilt looks fabulous. I love the fabric you chose. I'm onto my fourth or fifth block and after seeing your lovely hand quilting, I've been inspired to finish mine in the same way!

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Your TTS looks beautiful Sarah....I luv the look of your hand quilting.
Cheers....Jane.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wahoo Sarah.....your quilt is just gorgeous....totally love the hand quilting....

Susan said...

Great finish Sarah. The hand quilting looks fantastic.

Bec said...

TTS looks so gorgeous! Beautiful hand quilting; and I think it must be a husband/technology thing. My dh can't understand why I hand stitch when my machine will do embroidery, he even wants buttons ewn on by machine! LOL men!