Look at these cute bottle bags! There has been a few ladies around here that have made some up too. Some without the stitchery, instead using a busy print and they look great too. These were quick and easy to make! They look great on my Christmas fabric shelving!
Monday saw a heap of stitching ladies that stitch at the shop, gather at the local pub for our Christmas Lunch! The food was DELISH!! We each made a little something, for a Secret Santa. Every present that arrived was numbered, then after lunch we each took in turns to pick out a chocolate filled bauble (Ferrero filled actually), which was also numbered, to see what pressie we were to receive.
This is what I made. A clear front pouch with a stitched zipper pull. I found the free tutorial from HERE.
I made a matching little needle-case pocket thingy too! Added a packet of needles, and I'm done!
I was lucky enough to score Razzy's gift! A block keeper! You can never have enough of these... well, I think so! I have 2 which are full of UFO's!!
All the gifts were great! Everyone put in so much time and effort!
With all the Christmas secret sewing I am doing, I have managed to squish in some other sewing too. This one, Christmas Angels was finished last week. I have been doing the stitchery on and off for a month (or two), and once that was done, it was pretty quick to put together.
I quilted it with a cream contrasting thread - I love the effect.
The pattern comes with a pre-printed panel, so NO tracing!!
Things have been quiet here on the blog, but I have been super busy! With Christmas under 3 weeks away, there has been a steady flow of sewn gifts finishing up, and starting. Of course most are top secret, and I cant wait to share!
There has been the prettiest of pretty scraps, which I have kept in a jar....
Lots of triangle and HST sewing, and The Angler 2 makes it SO fast and easy!
A cute pieced heart... one of my favourite secret sewing projects. I must make this particular project for myself now too - after Christmas of course.
My latest Aussie Modern InstaBee block arrived a few weeks ago. I decided to lay them out to have a look so far.... Pretty happy with them! My requirements was scrappy low volume for background, and modern brights for the others. They all fit the bill don't you think?
I have huge amount of secret sewing, well, I should say HAD! I am getting through my list quite quickly! With my in-laws getting hard to buy for, Hubby and I decided that a quilt would be nice! They both love seeing what I am creating, always taking an interest! I am going to be giving Jellybean to my MIL, and we decided that I would make a masculine one for FIL. So, this is it! Yesterday afternoon's work. Yep, one afternoon!
And, the pattern is a freebie on the Benartex website. Its approx. 57" x 66" a great size! I didn't have all the fabrics, so I substituted the centre block for the Chess fabric, and added the ink pens and as I didn't have the exact outer border fabric I thought I would choose something I had on hand after, but as it worked out, there were TONS of that scroll fabric left over from what you actually needed, so used that instead. And it looks great!