Friday 7 January 2011

One last gift......

For Kate! These Nancy Halverson Sewing Baskets are SO nice! I have plans to make one for me too (and Mum would like one for Mother's Day, and of course Raz has nagged too!!)! I only just put the finishing touches to it on New Years Day:


A few of Manda's Pin Toppers attached to the sunflower pin-cushion:



Inside has lots of pockets for scissors, rotary cutter, threads and bits! Notice I put handles on it too?? While at a craft shop at Ulverstone, I was checking out the one they had made up and noticed that it had handles. They told me the pattern didn't have it (hadn't checked into the pattern too much to notice if it had or not), so I added it as well. It would make it so much easier to carry around!



It also has a little scissor keeper attached to the front as well!

It was actually quite fun seeing it come together, though I am not a fan of gathering!!
So, already 3 finishes for January (I might as well claim 2 of the 4 bags!)!
x Sarah

8 comments:

Fee said...

Gosh you are getting a lot done - Love this bag too.

Hugs - Fee X

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been very busy Sarah...this one is so cute...

Isabella said...

Nag nag nag nag nag anag nag nag ang i sthat enough nagging to get one the are great I also eye them off at Cranberry Crafts if I have to go in there you have done a great job of it why dont you start an assembly line and sell in your shop hint hint by the way Ray is just walking in the door with my buttons they have not quite got to me yet LOl

Anonymous said...

Very nice Sarah, this one is on my to-do list so it's good to see it in another colour and the handles are a fabulous idea, was it hard to put together? What stiffener did you use, the one that's suggested? Love the buttons, I will check Manda's site out for those

John'aLee said...

That is so adorable! I am impressed by all you bloggers and how much you accomplish!

Roseanne said...

You done a great job of the gathering. I like the idea of the handles as well. No Isabella you can not have one, because I am getting on lol

Lynda said...

Fantastic sewing bag Sarah.

Bec said...

Gorgeous! Was it hard to make?