Friday 31 December 2010

So, what else did I make??? Pic heavy!!

So, I have FINALLY finished binding George Town Circle in Whimsy fabrics for Mum and Dad for Christmas! Looks pretty different to mine (or I should say Dennis's!!). Pattern by Kerry Swain which was a workshop pattern last year!

I had other borders planned, but after the top was completed I was not happy with what I chose, so I took pics of different combo's and emailed to some lovely friends to give me their opinion, and I am happy (and thankful) for their choice! This is what won: Dark pink, with a green outer, binding in the same as the inner:

And here is the centre block outlined in the same fabric as the inner and binding. This block is called the 'George Town Circle'.


Here is Mum fixing the back for all to see:


Oh, and I managed to whip up another 3 baskets, bringing my tally to 9!!


This year I bought Mum an 'English Bobby' un-picker and matching measuring tape as well! I got myself a red Matryoshka one! They are SO cute! I also made her this unusual pin cushion. You might remember it from the Pin Cushion of the Month a little while ago!
Seems SO long ago, I did a little swap with Manda, for these totally GORGEOUS owl and rose pin toppers she made! The plan was some were going to go to new homes this Christmas! So, I decided to make pin cushions to put them in as gifts! Thanks SO much Manda, they were such a hit!!
My SIL Roseanne always make each other a gift, but as we get a little swamped this time of year, we usually swap gifts a little later. The plan is January some time..... When we both have finished lol!
But, I like to give something on the day. So, I whipped up this little pin cushion for her!



I quite liked working with the wool! And, I even popped in some of Manda's toppers in too!


Lots of OPAM for December that's for sure!
I just wanted to say, thankyou to all my readers, and lurkers for stopping by this past year. I have really enjoyed reading all your comments and encouragement throughout the year. It has really kept me inspired. Thanks SO much!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
x Sarah

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the quilt Sarah...Happy New Year to you, I hope you have an awesome 2011....

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of beautiful projects.......

fialka012 said...

Krásné...