Wednesday 21 April 2010

Mail and a little show and tell

Look what I got in the mail! An Elm Creek Quilts Album - book 4, 5 and 6 (thankyou for all your advice on where to purchase these books, I will be searching each and every one of those places when I am ready to get the next instalment!)!! I have been SO good and haven't even opened it yet...... I have too many projects that need my attention at the moment, so, I know that if I start, I wont be able to put it down..... Meaning I wont want to stitch, then there would be some disappointed people here, here and here and that is just the start of my ever-increasing UFO pile!!


And, as promised, here is one of the recent quilts I have quilted for a customer. This is a bright and cheery flannel quilt. Just a simple loop design:



Turned out a treat!
Best be off. Enjoy your night
x Sarah

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I love her books. Just purchased the aloha quilt. I get lost and time stops--- I can't put them down.

Jan said...

Your quilts are beautiful ,I am 69 and a beginner ,but what an adventure.. you inspire me ,I have just sent for the first Elm Tree book 'The Quillters apprentice ' thankyou for the reccomedation and a chace to see your lovely quilts ,and your new home ..love Jan in the UK xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Sarah how right you are...I couldn't put down The Runaway Quilt...it is so far the best one for me♥x

Chookyblue...... said...

I found it......it is all your fault I have ordered some of these books.........lol.......i couldn't remember who it was............lol........they should be here next week........

Bec said...

What a gorgeous flannel quilt! and your right, if you pick up that book EVERYTHING will go out the window till you have finished!
Did someone suggest trying bookdepository in the UK???? They are fantastic, no postage charges.

welsh penny said...

Hi Sarah,don't worry about my ufo's! Go ahead, read your book,it's great to see you in love with reading,now you might understand why tea wasn't ready sometimes because I had my head in a great novel! mum