Friday 19 February 2010

Bloom'n Family

As some of you may know, my Dad came to stay with us for a little while recently from QLD to catch up with us all, but, mainly his Mother who is in a Nursing Home.


Well, earlier in the week, while I was at work, I had a box delivered to my front door at home. On opening the box, I found these..... from my Dad thanking us for 'looking after him so well':





Aren't they just GORGEOUS?! A bouquet full of Ferrero Rocher's, Lindt Chocolates and chocolate stars!! YUMMO!! Sadly though, when I found these on my front step, the box was covered in ANTS!! And, when I took the bouquet out of the box, the ants were actually inside the chocolate's and some of the chocolate melted a bit too! BUGGA!! Fancy leaving them in this heat for who knows how many hours! What a disappointment, and a waste of money for my parents! They contacted Edible Blooms to let them know what happened, only not to have received a reply........... GRRRRR
:+( Sarah

10 comments:

Suse said...

Hey Sarah, they look gorgeous, but how annoying about the ants and the meltiness. I remember my hubby sending me a rose for an anniversary while he was at army training and it sat on my front doorstep for a full day til I came home and was completely wilted...so annoying when that happens!

Pokey said...

I say, tell them again. There is power to the word, and letting them know that you'll not only not use them again, but that you'll tell your friends to not buy from this company. These are too expensive to leave their customers dissatisfied!

Scottish Nanna said...

What A nice gift Your dad needs to let them know again They are responsable for their goods to get there safely tell them he is going to do something about it.
Hugs Mary.

Jeanette said...

What a beautiful gift you received. I'l say yummo but what a shame about the ants. I do hope your parents hear back from Edible Blooms. Hugs, Jeanette

Sheila said...

What a beautiful gift, but I would hope that the company will send you another bouquet - and not leave it on the doorstep. Surely they have to deliver (to a person) in "full working order"!

Sarah said...

what a lovely gift Sarah.

Ummm if they left flowers - they would have wilted - YUP ring back and complain - even ring consumer affairs and explain the situation... this may help - helped us MANY times!

Unknown said...

That is so lovely and still sad at the same time . What a thoughtful Dad .

Cubby House Crafts said...

That would be so disappointing! I would keep onto them if I were you Sarah

tami said...

That is really annoying. Do they deliver themselves or do they have a delivery company do it? My mom ordered a package and it arrived when no one was home. The parcel service left it on her front steps and it got rained on. She called the parcel service and they replaced it no charge.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

They've got to keep on them...they paid for a product and a service and it wasn't delivered...that just isn't good enough. If they still have no joy...perhaps the local newspaper would be interested in the story...that might make them react!