Thursday, 9 April 2009

Quillow all finished

I finished Will's Quillow in the nick of time...... It was his 1st Birthday on Wednesday and I actually finished it on the day!! The fabric I used was called 'Dinosaur Uproar' which is great for a boy as it has dinosaurs and bugs! I used a Jelly Roll and some yardage for the border.

Here is the pillow pocket on the back - which is great to put your feet in to keep them warm:

It came up well actually considering all the trouble I had...... I really like the effect of tying a quilt too - makes it looks SO snuggy!! Here is a pic of the back:


And all folded up, I used half the Dinosaur Uproar panel. It is a nice fit:


4 days off!! I have decided to post every day over the Easter Break, I have SO many projects on the go at the moment, and I might show you some sneak peaks!!

Until tomorrow

x Sarah

10 comments:

Lulu said...

Very nice.

Suzi-q said...

Great fabric and it did turn out well...worth the effort I say

mandapanda said...

I can't believe you managed to finish on time!! I'd still be working on it! lol Well done, it looks fantastic, and great choice of fabrics/colours too!
I leant my Mum the camera today and we both *again* commented on how fantastic the case is, so another big THANKYOU!!
Love Manda xx

Karen said...

Your quillow turned out very nice. I'm thinking of making several for Christmas presents...maybe I should get started now;) Have a great Easter!

Pauline said...

Nice little quilt sarah, came up trumps after all your trouble...would have been dumped after time 2 with me...ha ha
have a good easter...

Kerry said...

Well done Sarah, it looks great, you must work well to dead lines as well.
Hope you get time to sew over Easter,
X Kerry

Rose said...

It looks great Sarah!! Well worth the effort and trouble you had with it!

Debs said...

Well done. It is sure to be a much loved and treasured possession.

Kerri said...

Will's quillow looks great. He will get lots of years out of it. Love the bright colours.

Catherine said...

Hope Will loved his Quillo! I have made this pattern many times...it is a great gift idea! Enjoy your days off!! Cathyx