Saturday 6 December 2008

After the first day...... I have progress - finally!!

Well, I am home from day 1 of the workshop with Kerry Swain!! There were about 13 of us and all the different combinations of fabrics looked terrific!! These are mine:


I chose Buggy Barn 'In The Pink 2' for my blocks, with Kerry changing just one of my colours to the green which I TOTALLY LOVE!!!! There are about 650 pieces in this quilt - lots of little bits!! Kerry and Pauline did an amazing job, all we had to do was sew - our kits were all cut ready to go by Pauline and Kerry did all our ironing and any extra cutting!!
I was 'The Queen of Un-pickers' for the first hour or so - I was just all over the show LOL!! I love my colour way, though some of my blocks are a little skew-wiff!! LOL. But overall I am pleased, as I have never done anything so fiddly before!


A few ladies popped into see Kerry today, Jules and Kerry as well as Cathy and her DD Alex which was nice!
In the afternoon, Kerry presented us all with a gift; 3 of her patterns - all of which are just gorgeous!!

I will pop back tomorrow with more pics - hopefully of some of the lovely quilts and ladies at work :o)

x sarah

5 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Nice colour choices! Looking forward to seeing more pics

Roseanne said...

Your quilt is looking good. Love your colours.You luck duck to get a gift from Kerry. That Will teach me to work instead of coming to the class....

Stina Blomgren said...

Love the block with green in it too... this will be a beauty!!!:o)

Isabella said...

WOW Sarah that reen really makes the pattern jump out its really really nice, wish my hand/arm procedier was next week so I could have come too

Chookyblue...... said...

love the colours.......have fun......