Sunday 21 April 2013

What a weekend!

I have not long come home from an awesome weekend of sewing a Mystery Quilt taught by my wonderful friend Kerry Swain at Calico Crossroads!   Sewing up a storm with great friends Vicki and the Birthday Girl Cathy.

I didn't take many pics, I was too busy having fun!  I did take a pic of my lunch, Thai Chicken Cashew which was SO nice, I had it on both days!  And was a little surprised the fantales lasted until Sunday.... Well, just a couple of hours into it!



I didn't manage to put my top together like some (I have most of the bits fiddly bits done), Cathy and I were too busy planning to be a little different!  But here is my center block (sorry about the shadow, I was sewing in the corner - I know, who puts baby in the corner LOL, and took it near my seat!).  Talk about *love* it so far!  Pauline, you picked SO well!!  THANKYOU!

 
I am sure there will be pics on some blogs soon.  You should see them, all different and all gorgeous!  I am looking forward to getting some more of mine together (actually, I have put more to this since the pic)!!
 

8 comments:

Susan said...

Cant beat a sewing weekend - no matter what you are sewing.. I love your dresden plate - they seem to be having a revival!

Anonymous said...

so glad you had such a great time Sarah and love your dresden plate.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you had a great weekend...........

Christine said...

Looks great ... looking forward to seeing more soon.

Leanne said...

Glad you had a good time Sarah, I hope Cathy didn't lead you astray. lol.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow, how good does that look....great fabrics...glad you had such a good time Sarah...

Noela said...

Love your block Sarah. Always great to have a weekend quilting with friends. Hugs.....

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I love your block, cannot wait to see the finished quilt!