Friday 25 May 2012

What's on the Gammill Friday

What a yucky day today!  The rain has not eased off for a minute!  Great sewing weather!  Today a friend came with her brand new sewing machine and I got her started on a shaggy quilt..... She is only just a beginner and has only made a couple of small things, now is able to go home and do something on her own for her little Grandson.  But, before she came, I managed to quilt 2 quilts.... I was up VERY early!  Today I wanted to share this one.  I have never been a fan of Batik fabrics, but the ladies around here seem to use them a lot and after seeing SO many different quilts I really don't mind them now.  This one is actually foundation pieced:


Close up of the quilting:


Quilt design: Dragonflies

My posts are few and far between here of late.  Sorry about that!  But I have been busy, and have lots to share.... Must get that camera out!

No comments: