Thursday 15 September 2011

Hand quilting

Finally, I have my Tis The Season quilt in my hoop! And, I have managed to hand quilt 2 blocks so far. I really enjoy hand quilting and I use Petra thread which is very similar to Perle thread.


My favourite technique is the Thimble Lady way! If you click on the link, you will see a little demo.




I did a class a few years ago, and you received a plastic thimble at the time, but we were able to 'upgrade' to a silver one if we wanted at a great discount. Of course I couldn't say no! And, it is one of the best crafty things I have ever purchased! It makes things so much quicker. And, I totally love it!


Tomorrow, I am off on a Craft Shop Hop with some friends. Some ladies I am sure you will know. I am really looking forward to it. I must charge the camera ready......


x Sarah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice Sarah and enjoy your shop hop,looking forward to pics

Chookyblue...... said...

looking good Sarah..........

Christine said...

Your hand quilting looks lovely, Sarah. See you at lunch.

Brooke said...

Oh, I dearly love this one. Your stitching is exquisite!

Mary said...

This is a lovely quilt. Love the combination of embroidery and patchwork.