Saturday 23 April 2011

Hexagons

I am going great guns with my Tis The Season for the Stitch-A-Long Blog, and thought I would have a little break before I start the very last stitchery block! So, when my order for the Patchwork With Busy Fingers papers and bits arrived I whipped up these 2 hexagons for The Vignette Hexagon Quilt Blog a couple of nights ago:



Took me AGES to decide on fabrics - probably longer than it took to make these 2 hexagons! I do have a FQ Bundle of Sweet Broderie which I cant bear to cut into yet, I then thought of my Thimbleberries Charms collection which I purchased many years ago, but then again I don't want to cut into just in case I didn't have quite enough....... So, the decision was made to use scraps! Yes, good idea!

Then, when searching for my first couple of fabrics, I came across my collection of Nancy Halverson fabrics:


Such beautiful fabrics:




Now I cant decide if to do a scrappy one (never actually made a scrappy quilt before, and worry that it wont go!!) OR do a Nancy Halverson scrappy one....... What do you think? I am such a worry wart lol?!


x Sarah


15 comments:

Lynda said...

Hi Sarah - be brave, pull on your BGP's (big girl pants) and make it all scrappy, although Nancy Halvorsen scraps would still qualify as "scrappy" because I'm sure you have a huge range of Nancy scraps.

Unknown said...

Your Hexies look Lovely Sarah..I was a bit the same with my Blackbird Design stash...I have mixed 3 different ranges together hoping they will all look right in the end..it will look Scrappy but with the same Flavour if you know what I mean..
cheers

Fee said...

I am sure that whatever you decide will be nice - You have a good eye.

I have decided to use Strawberry Fields for mine.

Hugs - Fee XX

Maria said...

Go scrappy. Scrappy quilts always come together beutifully.

Jan said...

Scrappy scraps or Nancy scraps? Hmm,tricky, but I vote for Nancy; love her fabrics. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Leanne said...

Hi Sarah
Your hexagons looks great, go with the Nancy Halvorson fabrics, they are beautiful.

Quilt Kitty said...

They are beautiful. I love everything Nancy Halvorson & the Garden Song range of fabrics are just perfect. A full Nancy fabrics quilt could not help but be adorable. I have the same problem, making hexies but too scared to place them side by side as I have chosen randomly & not planned. I figure I will wait awhile & see what happens. Tracee xx

Anonymous said...

love your hexies and I also love Nancy Halverson's fabric so I would pick her, she has a new range out so you will have even more to choose from

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The hexies are just lovely.....what was your first choice....go with that...

Andrea said...

If it was me I would go completely scrappy because that's what I like best but Nancy-scrappy would be lovely I'm sure as those fabrics are really pretty. Have a great Easter - are you a chocolate lover like me ? xxx

De said...

Oh tough decision for you Sarah - either will look nice - but go with your first decision

Susie said...

Well you are my first foray into Nancy Halvorsen fabrics - they are gorgeous. Go for it.....might go check the fabric out now....Susie

Isabella said...

you will be fine no mater which way you go after were mothers garden hexies not all made with scraps anyway?

Linda said...

Love the fabric on the hexies...I think scrappy quilts are wonderful! I love the cushion Christine made for you too...such a talent!

Annie said...

How about 'scrappy' with a 'theme'....use your Nancy's, then 'scrap it up' with leftovers from your stash....Nancy's fabrics blend in so well with so many other ranges. I personally like co-ordinated scrappy....think it may be the hidden OCD within!