Sunday 26 September 2010

Sunday

The weekend has come to an end, and I can tell you it was SO much fun! I totally *love* my quilt! A scrappy effect and so shabby chic! So different to what I would normally choose..... And, Kerry showed me how to mitre my corners.... EASY (says me who has to un-pick one lol).

I am not much of a 'blue' girl, but I love the effect it has on the quilt:

I added an extra border than the original to make it a little bigger as well.
Here we all are with our quilts outside the shop. Don't they all look different?!


This is the 3rd year Kerry has come to teach us a Mystery Quilt, and the 3rd time I have done the workshop. It really is a wonderful weekend! Click here for last years efforts, and here for the year before.
I am sure Vicki, Christine, Pauline and Kerry will be sharing pics of the weekend too.
Thanks Pauline and Kerry for a wonderful weekend! I am really looking forward to next year LOL!
x Sarah

17 comments:

DAWNIE said...

Sarah - this looks fantastic - love the colours and everthing about it. Great work. Wow dont they all look fabulous together in the "group" pic.

Jan said...

Lovely pattern, pretty fabrics - I think the blue sets them off beautifully. Well done!

Anonymous said...

looks great, the blue gives it a lovely fresh look

Roseanne said...

Your quilt look fantastic the blue set the rest of the quilt off. Well done.

Vicki ♥ said...

I too like how the blue sets it off...It is a darling quilt and you should be very proud :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had so much fun. Love your quilt and such a great pattern. Wish I lived closer.

Lynda said...

Fabulous Sarah.

Christine said...

WOW. Your quilt really does look fabulous. I like the blue you added and well done for mitreing the corners. Thanks for your hospitality last night ... I had a great weekend.
Christine

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I remember it now..........and yes i love your version.....so pleased you had a lovely weekend........

Isabella said...

Looks great Sarah wish I'd been there

Bec said...

WOW! It looks so lovely! What a great weekend....and to see the pattern in many different choices, they all look amazing!

Cubby House Crafts said...

So very lovely Sarah! How different they all look in the group pic!
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Jo in TAS said...

Looks fabulous Sarah! You might have to show us the mitred corner method at our retreat! I just learnt how to mitre the binding and finish it properly and it looks so neat compared to how I used to do it!

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Your quilt looks beautiful Sarah...luv the colours!!
Jane.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sarah, that is beautiful you must be so very pleased...

Kylie said...

Wow sarah what a gorgeous quilt - I just love the fabrics. Are they all from the one range???

welsh penny said...

Hi Sarah, Lovely quilts all of them, hard to pick a favourite, but I do love yours! mum