Friday 9 April 2010

WooHoo it's finished!

Well, I actually finished it over the Easter Break, but have only just got around to showing you all!

The 'Vintage Sewing Cushion'. Hasn't it turned out beautiful?!

Side view:


My stitching:


Now, I must show you this...... Roseanne came around the other day and I showed her the cushion! She could not believe how big it was! So, I decided to take a pic of the cushion with something that every quilter has - the rotary cutter, to show you all how big it actually is. It looks like it is hanging over the side, but it is not, its just the angle of my photo....



I totally love how it turned out, and cant believe I actually finished the stitchery in January and have only just got around to putting it together!! Now, I must get myself some vintage bits and bobs to put in the pockets LOL!
If you are interested in a pattern, kit or even the trim pack (buttons, lace and ric-rac), pop over to Tereasa's shop, she will help you out with that!
Better get going, get some tea on before Hubby comes home!
x Sarah

12 comments:

Lynda said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarah - so beautifully made.

Scottish Nanna said...

Hi Sarah I love your Pillow Its Lovely I am still having Trouble with your Emails It tells me to click on the product to look at it but it wont let me.I dont know what is Wrong.
Hugs Mary.

welsh penny said...

LOVELY!! Mum

Unknown said...

That really is big , I love the size it is so practical but ever so pretty !

Cubby House Crafts said...

WOW! Sarah its just GORGEOUS! I just love your fabric choice...Just beautiful!
Tereasa sent me some fabrics to make another(hehe) a little while back...she certainly has some pretty fabrics!
Lisa

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now that is one gorgeous pin cushion Sarah..

Helen said...

Love this cushion, must get it done soon. Great job Sarah.

Helen

Bec said...

It is beautiful Sarah. When I saw your first pic I had a feeling that it was a big sewing cushion....beautiful work!

Vicki said...

Just magnificent, Sarah! No wonder you are so thrilled with it :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey we must have good taste...I have this pattern also LOL!!!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Sarah! Uh oh!! You made me feel a tad quilty by showing this pincushion!! You see, this was the project I got the kit for at Stitchers Dream Day Out two years ago and I STILL haven't finished it!! BLUSH!! You've done a beautiful job, though - well done. Hmmm ... wonder where I stashed mine ...! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Oops! Freudian slip there ... meant to type "guilty" not quilty! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS