Sunday 14 March 2010

Wuthering Heights

Anyone know the fabric range 'Wuthering Heights' by 3 Sisters? And, how long ago it was released? Well, that is how long I have had this UFO sitting here! Maybe it will be for the best if I didn't know lol! When the fabrics came out, I just had to have them! As my 'old' quilting frame would not quilt something this big, it had been sitting just as a top, waiting for me to either get it done by someone else or to wait until I got a new larger quilting machine! So, when I got my new quilting machine, this was the very first quilt I quilted on it:
And, as we were in the process of waiting for our home to be sold, I attached the binding and thought I would hand sew down later! Well, that time had come - last week! And, now it is finished! What a feeling! And, I totally love it! Dennis took me out for a little photo shoot this afternoon. We went to Low Head at one of the colonial homesteads:


Here is the full quilt, on the trusty old clothes line lol:


The pattern I used for this is called Le Jardin and was easy peasy to put together! I like it with the darker sashings rather than the light.
I hope you all have enjoyed your weekend
x Sarah

11 comments:

barb's creations said...

Well done for finishing your lovely quilt,I love the wuthering heights fabric range.
It feels good doesn't it when the UFO pile starts to shrink :) Barb.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Gorgeous quilt Sarah & what a picturesque place for a photo shoot....it's a beautiful spot up there. Loved your little wallets also.
Jane.

Maggey and Jim said...

So glad you got it finished. It is beautiful.. Love the fabric, not sure I ever saw it..The photo shot just makes it more real..
Maggey

Jan said...

What a sense of achievemient you must feel looking at that lovely quilt ,well done ,its super ..love Jan xx

Astrid said...

Congrats on finishing the quilt! It's lovely! Love the colors and the "simple" pattern!

Seams Sew Together said...

Congratulations on finishing your quilt!!! I have some Wuthering Heights fabric at home and didn't know what to do, but you have just given me an idea.. Thanks!!

Vicki said...

Well done, Sarah! Looks great and one more thing to add to your finished list!

welsh penny said...

Love it Sarah! A bit Spooky but! I took my ufo Le Jardin out the other day and Kate helped me undo the side borders so that I can add them to top and bottom so that it will fit my dining table. Doesn't it feel wonderful to have this mother/daughter connection?? ps,any chance of naming the pattern that your lady used with the Heather Bailey quilt on your frame?? I did like that! mum

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful quilt Sarah! Great pics!
Lisa

Bec said...

A perfect quilt pattern to use with that range, it is very beautiful.... nice to see some of the older ranges too.

Christine said...

Gorgeous, Sarah. The dark sashings work really well ... 3 Sisters are one of my favourites.