Monday 29 September 2008

And its done!!

On Sunday, we decided to head to the Esk Market in Launceston. There was a lot of second hand stuff there, and there actually was not many stalls as the Launceston Show is next week, so they needed to be packed up ready as the animal show is held at the 'shed'!! Found this 'statue' lady standing out the front: And, here is my Maison De Noel quilt FINALLY completed!! YAY!! It had been sitting half quilted on my quilting frame for months because I ran out of the variegated thread I was using!! Thank goodness my SIL Roseanne had some!! The picture isn't the best as it was quite windy when I was trying to take the pic!! I have had this kit for about 2 years.... or maybe more, I just love the colours...... the range is by 3 Sisters and not sure if you can get it any more............


Here is a close up of my 'freehand' motion quilting. I used a meander with a loop and used a varigated thread in green, red and yellow:



My hand stitching is Truly Scrumptious, after seeing Lynda had completed her's I decided I had better get a move on...... but, I did say this was my 'in between' project!!

x Sarah

4 comments:

Pauline said...

good grief girl..how do you get things done so fast!!! I think its a big achievment just to finish one thing this year..hah ha

Cathy said...

Your Maison quilt it beautiful...yes I love the fabrics too....Well Done on finishing it! I have seen that woman at the markets...isnt she bizarre!! Cathy

Lynda said...

Gorgeous quilt and quilting Sarah! Love that fabric range too. 3 Sisters design are so beautiful.

Scottish Nanna said...

Sarah your Quilt is Gorgeous you have done a good job
Hugs Mary.