Thursday 8 May 2008

George Town Friendship Day

On Saturday the Wilted Quilters of George Town held their annual Friendship Day. There was 110 Crafty ladies attending. There I managed to catch up with fellow bloggers Leanne and Cathy. We have been chatting via blogs and emails for a little while now and it was great to finally meet (we only live about 50ks away!!)!! I hope to catch up with them again as well and Christine at The Quilted Crow gathering in September for a workshop with Annie Downs. Here we are pictured with some of the Quilted Crow's wares:
Me, Leanne and Cathy:

Cathy took her daughter Alex along too. She is also into craft and was stitching an Annie Downs design. Here she is with her Mum (stole the pic for Cathy - hope you dont mind :o))

Since Cathy had joined my PIF Challange, I thought I would give her the gift I made for her at the Friendship Day. This is what I made for her; A little tidy bin to sit next to her while stitching. It has a little pin cushion and a little spot for scissors. I also made one the same for Christine, which she has just recieved (thanks to Vicki for passing it on for me!!):

I have also finished the Cinderberry Stitches Swap and would love to show you what I made, but you will have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday for me to share that.

Until then, Happy sewing

Sarah xx

4 comments:

Christine said...

I love my gift. It's perfect. Thanks heaps Sarah.

Beertje Zonn said...

What a lovely gift you made.
Kind regards

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
Beertje Zonn

keslyn said...

Looks like you all had a great day in Tassie last weekend, just like all of us in Nundle. Your gift is all wrapped and on it's way.
Hope you like it
Kerry

Solstitches said...

I love the bag which I saw the bag on Christine's blog.
Can you please let me know which magazine the pattern was in? I'd love to make one.

Margaret