Saturday 12 April 2008

Welcome baby Will

On Tuesday, our good friends Kellie and David had a beautiful baby boy named Will!! A lovely little brother for Lily. I dropped in and seen them yesterday and gave them some gifts - you probably remember the quilt I made for him:


When Lily was born, I made them a 'Memories Tin' using a paint tin, instead of a paint tin this time I found one of these hinged tins....... SOOOO much easier to open LOL!!

I tied a heap of blue and white ribbon to the handle and attached a 'sweet baby' tag on the top:

I had some white chipboard letters and used them for his name on the bottom and to make them stand out a little better, I went around the edge with a black marker pen. A great quick and easy gift idea. Uses only a couple of scrapbook paper, I used some double sided ones that way with 2 sheets you actually get 4 different patterns!! I also found this great 'it's a boy' ribbon which looked great around the middle of the tin to hide the join of the 2 differnt papers!!

These tins are just great to put the bits and bobs in - hospital arm band, lock of hair and stuff in!! You could really use these for anything actually, I have a paint tin decorated and use it to put my folk art paints in!!

Sarah xx

6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful quilt Sarah, and the tin what a great idea...and Miss Sophie looks adorable as ever...

De said...

What a lovely way to welcome a new bub!

Helen said...

What a great pressie, there is so many uses for the tin and the quilt is lovely.

Helen

keslyn said...

Oh Sarah, you are just too clever - what a wonderful gift for a special baby boy.

Christine said...

You are so clever - the quilt and the tin are both gorgeous. Great gifts.

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah, I love the little tin you made for your friend. Where did you get it from? Have you just glued scrapbooking paper to it?I would like to make one for my friend who is due any day now, and t i thought that would be a nice keepsake,. You always get so much clothing. Thanks for your help.