Sunday 13 January 2008

First couple of items finished for 2008

Back to work tomorrow :( So today I had a tidy up in my sewing room. I had my BIG tub, afew small tubs and a couple of fq bags full of fabrics out to show my Mum before she left, but she didn't get a chance to see it all, so today I packed it all away. Then, once my sewing room was all tidy, I decided to finish off my camera bag and made another mess LOL!! I used a Leanne's House stitchery to form the main feature, added some ric-rac and velcro. To easy!! This is for my Pentax camera, which had died just after the warranty had ran out and was not worth fixing (so they told us!!). So, we bought a new Canon. Dennis thought he would have a look at the old one himself and gave it a jab at the lens and it has been working ever since, now I just keep it in my handbag!! So, I am please to say, this is my very first completed item for 2008!! YAY!!Another project I completed today was this Nancy Halverson 2008 Love Is calendar!! I bought this from Kerry from The Cottage On The Hill and all I did was hem the bottom, sides and turned the top over enough to slip the rod through! This way when the year is up I can cut the panel's out easily! Easy peasy and only took 5 mins!!

Luv Sarah x

7 comments:

keslyn said...

Very productive day Sarah, shame you have to go back to work. I love the camera bag, thats a great idea for that little camera to keep in you handbag.
Your calendar looks good, I haven't actually made one up yet............
Kerry

Christine said...

Love your cute little camera bag. The stitchery is gorgeous.

Lynda said...

Camera bag is gorgeous, Sarah.

Helen said...

Love the camera bag Sarah, you did a lovely job.

Helen

Rose Johnston said...

The camera bag is too cute!!! Great job!!!

Jen said...

Just lovely Sarah. I need a camera bag for my new digi that I got for Xmas .... so thanks for the brilliant idea, oh damn another thing to add to my massive 'To Do' list.

Jenny

bernie said...

Hi Sarah, I just discovered your great blog! I LOVE all your lovely craft projects! Could you share with me (and I'm sure with other interested bloggers) how you attached the bottom to your cute camera bag you completed in january? Thanks alot!