Sunday 12 July 2009

My First Quilt

Have you ever been over to Camille Roskelley's blog?? It is well worth the visit - I love it! Camille is the designer behind the Thimble Blossoms range of patterns - to me, they are like 'scrapbook quilts'.... SOOOO different and SOOOO nice! She has also designed her own fabric ranges with her Mum, (Bonnie from Cotton Way) - Cotton Blossom and the new range Simple Abundance which is due out in September (and I cant wait!!).

Now Camille and Carrie are both running the 'Parade of the Quilts'! They want to see your very first quilt and the most recent! So, here is my very first quilt...... Everyday Angles by the 'Chook Shed Pattern Co.'! It is definitely not perfect, It is not that straight, when I stitched the blocks together, I used a large machine stitch (BIG mistake!!) and they kept coming undone! I actually had it professionally quilted as I just could not part with it! I have it over the futon in my sewing room, so I do see it all the time!

And, here is my most recent quilt! Ace of Cake's and the fabric range is called Cotton Blossoms - by Camille and Bonnie LOL!! I totally *love* this quilt, I have it on my Coffee Table in my lounge room!

So, there you have it! If you would like to be involved in this fun challenge, pop over to Camille's blog and read all about it...... there may even be a prize!

Since coming home from Evandale, I have not done too much! We had a bit of a thunder storm here today, perfect weather to sit and stitch........ so that is what I have been doing....... I think I am getting what Cathy describes as 'Couch Butt' LOL! But, it wont be long until I have a finish!
I hope you have enjoyed your weekend
x Sarah

10 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Both quilts are beautiful! thanks for sharing ;o)

Nicky said...

Very nice quilts I so like Camilles fabric range - I still am not brave enough to make a whole quilt but I am working up to it

rosiebud creations said...

I love your quilt

barb's creations said...

My sister mad me that chook Shed quilt for my birthday a couple of years ago and I love it :) Barb.

Carrie said...

Hi Sarah ~ They're wonderful! I've always loved the Everyday Angels pattern and I'm glad you still get to see your wonderful qult every day. Your most recent quilt is wonderful ~ but then with that fabric, it would have to be! Thank you for sharing your quilts!

Camille said...

Both great quilts, but I especially love that second one!! Thanks for sharing, it is so fun to see your work.

Lucy said...

Your first quilt is darling. Seems quite involved so kudos to you for tackling that as a 1st one.

I have some cotton blossoms stash - I love the pattern you used for yours. Must check that out. Tks for sharing your beauties!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sarah...goodness what can I say, your first quilt is awesome....I have that one, but not yet completed....and your most recent quilt I just love it....and all your show and tell from the gathering is awesome....

Pauline said...

hey sarah,
thats cute for a first quilt..mine was just awful!!! wish I had a pic but i dont..actually...maybe not a bad thing...heh heh...

Katie B said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I'm so impressed that you made Everyday Angels as your first quilt! Very ambitious.