Tuesday 8 April 2014

InstaBee block 1

I am participating in the Instagram Block Swap - called the InstaBee.  We choose a block from the Modern Bee book, and what colour way you would like, then each member in your little group of 12 (called a Hive, I am in Hive 1) makes you that block.  Usually with this sort of thing, you get all your blocks in one go, in the month you are allocated, but our Queen Bee Lisa, decided to split it up so you get one per month - much more fair and exciting!

Anyway, here is a block 'Painters Pallet' for Angie.  She wanted Low Volume background and her blocks of colour to be improv..... First attempt at this.  Not too bad! 

 
I chose 'Staked Windmills' and decided to go with a Low Volume background with happy, modern brights for my block.  Pretty chuffed with my first received block!  Thankyou Leonie!
 
 
Looking forward to starting my second swap.....

2 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous blocks

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

These are lovely Sarah