Saturday 12 April 2014

Another Owl quilt

Recently our niece had a beautiful baby girl.  When she told us she was expecting a little girl, I hunted in my stash for the perfect girly fabric and came across this bundle of only 5 fat quarters.  Would this be enough?  YES!!  I cant believe how much I got out of 5 FQ's!!  I cut each fq into 5" squares, but there was some waste - but if I were to do it again, I would cut them into 4 3/4" square and it would end up bigger and NO waste.  This ended up a great cot size.  Anyway, I made Snowball blocks from each square.....

 
Here it is all completed.  I quilted the Chubby Owls pattern on it too - looked great!
 
 
This one has been secretly hidden away for a little while.  I don't think I shared even a sneak peep :)

5 comments:

Maria said...

What a sweet little cot quilt out of minimum fabric....I am sure it will be loved.

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

That is so cute Sarah. Hard to believe it was only 5 fq. Lucky little girl.

Susie said...

It's so gorgeous sarah.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very cute Sarah