Sunday 23 December 2012

More gifts

On Friday, before I ran some errands, I popped over to Pauline's to give her the Christmas gift I made for her:
 
 
Remember those hexies from a little while ago?  Well, they turned into a couple of the Red Home pincushions (one for me of course!).
 

I just love these.  I thought they would be a little bigger, but they turned out SO cute!


While I was there, I just could not resist the new Anni Downs fabric.  A bundle came home with me.  Its a Christmas gift to me from me - don't judge!  LOL.

Pauline surprised me with this parcel.  Pretty chuffed with this Lang Calendar: 'Extraordianry Women'..... Totally *love* it.  I always check them out when I pop in.  And, also in the package was some wax melts.  They smell DIVINE!!  Thanks SO much Pauline!  xx


 Day 3 of our online groups swap, today is 'for the hands' and Chooky sent me some bamboo handles.  How clever!  They sure will come in handy!  Thanks Chooky!


I have now finished the binding on the 2 quilts so they are going to be ironed tonight ready for me to take some pics before they get wrapped up!  Now, I'm thinking of making ANOTHER peanut pillow for Nan...... She has hinted..... I will see how I go lol

7 comments:

Susan said...

Your little twin pincushions are so cute, I love that pattern. I don't think I will be resisting Anni's new fabric much longer either...she is such a clever girl. Sounds like you will be sewing til the last minute.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The pincushions are lovely Sarah....nice gifts from Pauline...and if Nan has hinted you better make her one...

Jo in TAS said...

I must make myself one of those pincushions, have the book so there' no excuses!

Larissa said...

Aren't' those pincushions just *adorable*?!!! SOOO sweet - I can see why you had to make one for yourself also!!

Chookyblue...... said...

cute pincushion.......glad your enjoying the FIS Swap parcels......

DAWNIE said...

Love these pin cushions sarah

Anonymous said...

Love the pin cushions Sarah and the Calendar you received as for the fabric.... it goes without saying that you must support your local store :)