Sunday 3 May 2015

Penny & Friends

Another quilt top finished a little while ago, was made from the beautiful 'Penny & Friends' fabrics.  There was a tutorial on YouTube by the delightful Jenny Doan from Missouri Quilt Co called Charm Big Star Quilt and I had seen it done in a few different fabrics and decided to give it a whirl.  You use 4 charm packs for this quilt, but I cut my own from FQ's.

First up, I made my big star, in purple:

 
Laying out all those blocks, pretty random!
 
 
Then sewn to a quilt top.
 
 
It does have a border on it now, in pink and looks fab!  I must take a pic of the top done.  Its also quite big!  I also found a mistake with the pattern and found that the star block is 1/2" out so added a teeny tiny sashing around the star.  Doesn't look out of place - well, I don't think so.  So be wary if you are going to make it. 
Here is the tutorial.

2 comments:

Anthea said...

What a great quilt Sarah! Those fabrics are just perfect.
Perhaps you could contact Missouri & let them know about the error?

Jeanette said...

Beautiful quilt Sarah. Hugs,xx