Monday 29 December 2014

Red Letter Day

One last finish before the New Year!  Red Letter Day is now finished!!  I managed to finish the binding a couple of nights ago, and have had it on my bed ever since. 

 
I used the left over light fq's from the Rural Jardin FQ Bundle (plus I think there is a Pom Pom one there too), and I had some large pieces of the range in my stash to make a pieced back and for binding.
 
And, I am pretty excited to add Camille's autograph, which she did for a few of us in the class in June, in the backing. 
 
 
I will also make another label, and add the date the class was held, fabrics etc later.
 
It is now my favourite quilt!  I was debating on weather to add a plastic piece to cover Camille's signature, but it was suggested on IG to stitch over it.  I think that is what I will do, once it starts to fade. 
 

3 comments:

Noela said...

It is gorgeous Sarah. How lovely to have Camille's signature on it. Stitching over it is a great idea. hugs....

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous Sarah. Yes embroidering over the signature is the way to go. Hugs,xx

Susan said...

No wonder you love it, it's gorgeous. I think the stitching is a good idea too.