Monday 22 September 2014

Its been a while

Yes, it has been a while.  I have just been SO flat out, rarely time to blog.  I have been spending way too much time on Instagram!  I have noticed there are tons of bloggers on IG, it seems to be quite popular as its quick and easy!  You can see me HERE.

So, what have I been up too?  Lots!  I have a little Friday group at the shop, sometimes they come every Fri, sometimes fortnight.  Remember they made the Mouse Pincushion a little while ago?  This time, they have chosen an applique and stitchery table runner (pics soon), but as they got all the prep done at the shop, ready for hand stitching during the next few weeks at home, they decided to make a pieced runner each while at the shop.  Yes, there is a mistake on one, which was noticed just after this pic and was fixed, quick as a flash!  2x Plum Sweet 1x Elementary and one Chalkboard Snowman.  The pattern was in a mag a long time ago, and I have made it before.... It was a PAIN as the cutting instructions were wrong.  Luckily I had adjusted it from the last time I made it.

 
Its always fun doing the binding, knowing its the final stage:
 
 
And here is mine, made from the Chalkboard Snowman fabric.
 
 
This is going in the Christmas pressie stash as it is destined to go to Sophie's Groomer.  I know she is going to love it, I made her a runner a few years back and she still talks about it!
 
I promise not to leave it so long......

4 comments:

Helen said...

Well I have missed your blogging Sarah..... love the runner.

Noela said...

Lovely work Sarah. Hugs.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Sarah....

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely runners.....glad you blog as I don't do anything else..........