Tuesday 12 August 2014

Crochet

Every night, I like to do a bit of hand stitching, weather it be stitchery, applique, quilting, knitting or crochet.  I started this Corner to Corner Afghan about 4 weeks ago, and was doing it in-between other things.... Yes, its easy peasy, and grows SO fast!

 
I love how its in stripes, its the yarn!  I always get comments about the stripes, but the yarn is variegated, and just goes like that :)
 
 
This is the yarn I used 'Moda Vera Bouvardia' in the colour Embers.
 
 
Mine is 1.1mts square (so only lap size), and I used 10 balls. 
Check out the YouTube tutorial HERE to make this throw.
 

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great finish Sarah, the stripes do look awesome.

Karen said...

Lovely and snuggly. You even finished it while you can still use it in the cooler weather.

noni said...

sorry to be a weird stalker and comment on such an old post but I googled bouvardia embers as I bought it while on special without a projuect in mind and was looking to see what others did with it. Not sure if you'll remember but ow many balls did you use and what size (approx) did it end up being? No worries if you've no idea, I am sure it was a few projects ago! hahaha