Sunday 11 May 2014

Mother's Day

To all the Mum's, Happy Mothers Day.
 
Its funny how different countries celebrate Mums at different times of the year!  I know in the UK it was last month.  Here is Australia, it is today - the second Sunday in the month of May.

This morning, I had my Mother and Grandmother here for morning tea, fresh scones out of the oven with jam and cream! My Mum opened her gift and Nan opened hers too.  I like to spoil my Mum, as she doesn't get any gifts (or a card) anymore from other family members.  They are too busy with their own families now.

I like to add a little handmade gift to both my Mum and my MIL's gift package to make it more personal.  I decided to make my Mum a Spell it with Moda 'G' mini:

 
My mother in law, I made some knitted slippers. 
 
 
I actually knitted some for myself too earlier in the week.  They are so toasty and warm!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Such a lovely way to celebrate Mother's Day ...
You make both mums nice gifts too.

Christine said...

Lovely gifts, Sarah. I'm sure Gail was thrilled with her "G" mini.

Susan said...

Sounds like a really lovely way to celebrate.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like lots of spoiling to all your 'mums'....

Leanne said...

Beautiful gifts Sarah.

Anonymous said...

cant beat a gift made with love,hope you had a lovely day with family Sarah.xx

Janet said...

so nice it's Mother's Day today in Canada as well. andI've enjoyed wonderful mother /daughter things today... Happy mother's day to you as well.... I love your blog