Saturday 30 March 2013

Spools

Yesterday I decided to do something from my UFO pile!  This Spools kit has been sitting here for ages, and I thought it would be a great project to get done.  It was quicker to piece than I expected with one block done on Thursday to test it out, and all the others done yesterday morning, then I pieced it last night!  I made the smaller one as I had the perfect 'spot' for it.... But it is a little bigger than the spot, so I do have another spot - its now going in my Quilting room. 
 

Today was a wet and windy day, so after Nan left for her weekly cuppa & visit, I decided to quilt it up using my Spools quilting design.  I had been itching to stitch this design out for myself ever since I did a quilt using it a little while ago:

 
Now for the binding! 
 

6 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful Sarah .. I love the design, fabrics and quilting. Happy Easter.

Leanne said...

Oh wow Sarah, its lovely. I am tempted to make that quilt again just so you can quilt that amazing design on it. I love it.

Susan said...

It's lovely Sarah. Very fresh and pretty.

Susan said...

Perfect quilting pattern I might join Leanne - make it so you can quilt it!!

Lynda said...

That's really lovely Sarah.

Vicki said...

That looks fabulous Sarah - might have to join in the fun abd make it too!!