Thursday 17 January 2013

#scrappytripalong

Yes, I have succumbed to the #scrappystitchalong, though I must say that these are the only 4 blocks I have done, and that was about 2 weeks ago, or slightly longer!  I really didn't want to start, but after seeing SO many, all totally gorgeous, I decided to give them a go.  And talk about E.A.S.Y..... Well, my second block was!  I have to admit, I un-picked more times than I should have with the first block!  I showed them to Mum and she is totally smitten too and has jumped on the bandwagon.  I think she may have even finished all her blocks, all made with the Decadent Victorian range of fabrics from SO long ago - smarty pants! 
 

For those wanting the free tutorial, its HERE.  You get quite friendly with the quick un-pick too :o) I am not sure when I will get back to this quilt, as I did decide it will be my 'in-between' 'stash buster' project - no fabric buying for this project!  I'm @patchworksplus for those interested.

Tomorrow I am out for most of the day.  We are taking Mum and Dad to Deloraine and Latrobe... It will be fun!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Sarah. Love your blocks. I started cutting strips on Tuesday but haven't sewn any together yet. Maybe tomorrow?

Noela said...

Will keep it in mind if I get any spare time. The block is lovely and such a good way to use your scraps. Enjoy your day out. Hugs...

Lib said...

I have been following these on Instagram, very tempted!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea for using so many scraps :)

Vicki said...

Have a great day, heading home ourselves - might even have to call into said Cherryshed on way xx

Leanne said...

Sounds like a nice day out with your parents. Have fun.
I joined the scrappy trip along and i made 12 blocks since Tuesday, they look so good can't wait for the weekend so I can make some more.

Lynda said...

I've been tempted but have resisted so far - I have plenty of fabrics, especially Fig Tree, that I could use or plenty of Bonnie and Camille - maybe it's the kick-start I need to get me sewing again this year.

Your blocks look great and I like the idea of it being an in-between project.