Sunday 28 October 2012

Surprise mail and stitching!

After yesterday's marathon effort of quilting 3 quilts (as well as all my 'home duties'), today I planned to do just one! Hoping to get another done tomorrow night then I can breathe a little easy before going away! 
 
I thought I would show you a lovely surprise package that arrived for me during the week.  Sometimes here, mail gets piled up for a day, two or even the whole week due to our busy schedule, so this package was overlooked until Friday!  I know, naughty naughty, but generally its usually shop stuff and this little package I thought was Dennis's as I was not expecting anything.  When I DID see my name on the package, I ripped it open to find a lovely gift from the ever delightful Peg!  Apparently I won a recent OPAM prize and didn't even know it!  WOW!
 

Some Lime Flower Honey made in Narromine, Peg's hometown!  Don't you just love honey on crumpets?!  I do, and will think of Peg each time I use it!


And this gorgeous mug rug!  Peg is not just the Journal Cover Queen but the Mug Rug Queen too!  LOL!  Isn't it just SO cute?!  I don't have a mug rug, and I think it is too nice to use!  So, I am going to attach it to my basket drawers in my sewing room.


Thankyou so, SO much Peg!  You know how to make a girl feel special!  You are a very generous gal xx

On stitching news (yes, I have been doing some)....... I have finished this recent stitchery for Mum.  She is making it up as a Christmas gift for someone special, she does not do stitchery so I did it for her.  Don't ask how I got conned into it, as I just cant remember!  LOL


5 comments:

Leanne said...

A very nice surprise in the mail Sarah. Its very pretty. Enjoy your holiday.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Thankyou Sarah...so pleased you like our Narromine product...enjoy...

Anonymous said...

lucky you Sarah,peg is very generous and such a beautiful lady,love the little birdie and you are very nice doing the stitchery for your mum.xx

Roseanne said...

They was great gift I got to check them out on Saturday still waiting to tast that honey on toast or a plain biscuit.

Diann said...

Lime Flower Honey??? Yum!! What a lovely surprise.