Wednesday 8 February 2012

flower applique

I have finally got around to finishing my 16 needle turn flowers for my place mats. Because I don't use a hoop as I find I am too slow, I always cut my blocks bigger than needed, then once I have finished appliqueing or stitching, I trim down to size.
Here they all are, all trimmed up ready to piece together:
I have actually sewed the bottom and top row of blocks together, just need to attach them to the applique blocks..... ONE DAY soon! While chatting to my buddie Annie (Hi Annie :+) she tells me she is only having 3 projects of the go at once.... One long term, one very, very quick, and one other. I went on to explain my UFO's.... Not really too many.... Until I started reading them out. Gosh! I came up with 7 and have since counted MORE! Luckily for me, I have no gifts to get done soon, just one swap gift so I can concentrate on getting that pile DOWN!

7 comments:

Lib said...

Always good to have a lot that you can pick up and put down, Sarah. Never get bored!

Annie said...

Love your flowers - I can't use a hoop to save my life....however, I don't mind the more 'textured (haha)' look stitching without provides! Perhaps I should have explained myself a little better with 3 on the go...thats new projects....I didn't tell you about my longtime UFO's xoxoxox

Larissa said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!! I really do love that fabric!! ... I know what you mean about hoops - I can only really use them when I'm doing my stitcheries (when using parlan or whisperweft on the back) or when I'm doing my cross-stitch ... never when doing my applique!! ... And I agree in the importance of having at least a handful of projects on the go!!

Anonymous said...

they are lovely Sarah,love the colour.xx

Lyn said...

Lovely work Sarah...I had a chuckle about your UFO's ...I dread counting up how many i have..I wish I could be like your buddy Annie...I need to avoid temptation though!!!

Michelle said...

They are looking cute Sarah... as for the projects I am sure they will get done one day... just enjoy the process!

Quilt Kitty said...

It's not fair to have to count your UFO's Sarah, they are just slightly delayed in finishing. I do the same with my applique blocks otherwise I never end up with them all still the correct size. Tracee xx