Friday 30 December 2011

Whats on the Gammill Friday & FIS Swap from Christine

So, whats on the Gammill Friday? Why its a Chook Shed quilt! This one is so cute, I made one for my Mum a couple of years ago!
Quilt design: Bumble Bees

Our online sewing Group had our Secret Santa Swap and this year was extra fun as it was held like an advent swap, with opening a little gift from the 20th. I was VERY lucky to have the gorgeous Christine make for me! Here are the first 5 gifts: Chocolate Orange, Note pad, Xmas tin ornie, sweet smelling candle and a cute handmade stocking:


My main gift is just AWESOME:

Its a Christmas Tree Skirt! I have wanted one for SO long! I have a daggy old panel one I made years and years ago, and each Christmas when I get my decoration's out, I think I must make a new one. But as you only just remember at Christmas time, you just never get around to it!

Opening this gift on Christmas was such a wonderful surprise! Thanks so much Christine I just *love* it!
*edit* I have had a couple of emails regarding the pattern for the tree skirt. Its a Natalie Ross design from her book Get Red Red Ready for Christmas which is filled with some gorgeous Christmas patterns!



Tomorrow I will pop back to show the last things I made for Christmas.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Sarah. So glad you liked the tree skirt ... it was fun to make.

Sarah said...

OH oh oh like you for YEARS I have been wanting to make a tree skirt as well. This one colours and design is LOVELY!
Well done Christine ; o )

aisha said...

Thanks for this post its really interesting i bookmark your blog for future stuff like this..
Oldsmobile Achieva AC Compressor

Anonymous said...

whow such lovely gifts Sarah.xx

Unknown said...

The Bear Quilt is so Cute & I Love your Tree Skirt...Awesome.
cheers