Friday 23 December 2011

What's on the Gammill Friday and gifts!

What's on the Gammill Friday..... NOTHING!! I finished the last Christmas quilt on Wednesday, so the others I have here will be done after Christmas!


But, I will show you this one..... One of the last for this week. This was made by a lady 'L' for her hubby as he loves Blue Willow. She managed to source some blue and white fabric and made a little lap quilt:


When she was looking through my pattern catalogue, she found this design called 'St Patricks Day'. She chose this as his middle name is Pat! Here is a close up of the quilting:





Turned out a treat!


On the way to Launceston to catch up for lunch with some dear friends today, we stopped into Pauline's shop for supplies and drop off a Christmas gift I had made...... I made the Retreat Seat from this pattern by Natalie Ross in the Buttons and Blooms fabrics:



I really liked the way it turned out, and think I might make mine in these colours too!


The pattern was easy to follow and quick to construct to! How handy would one of these be?! Glad you liked it Pauline! And Pauline surprised us with a gift too! A GORGEOUS table runner that fits on my new cabinet perfectly! I will take some pics and show you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Thats a gorgeous seat organiser. It was lovely to catch up for lunch today, we should do it more often,
Merry Christmas to you and your family. xx

Quilt Kitty said...

I love the fabric you used for Pauline's Retreat Seat. What a great gift. Look forward to seeing your tablerunner too. That St Patrick quilting pattern is so cute, bet she & hubby are loving its significance. Merry Christmas Sarah. Tracee xx

Unknown said...

Hello Sarah, I have been searching for Blue Willow fabric for years!!! Last time I was at ZIGZAG Sewing in Georgetown, they had a whole range of BLUE WILLOW in both Dark Blue and white; and Black and White colours. I have some Blue and White Willow machine embroidery designs to use this fabric with. A table runner would be nice to start off with!!!

Maryanne